In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Big Date

I can't believe how wonderful the whole night was!! Peter and his parents picked me up in their van Friday afternoon and we all drove up to Salt Lake City. It was so great to see Brother and Sister Parley. I'd visited them of course while Peter was gone, but it was nice to be all back together again. Traffic was pretty, but we enjoyed talking and listening to some uplifting music (who doesn't love MoTab!).

Well, we got downtown and parked and headed up to The Roof! I couldn't believe Brother Parley was springing for The Roof!! Well, the buffet was great of course and the view was spectacular. I know it's a little cheesey, but I couldn't help but be really excited to be looking over Temple Square with Peter. Ahhhhhhh...

After dinner we headed down to stroll around Temple Square and Brother and Sister Parley said they were going to try and see the Tabernacle under construction. I was SO EXCITED! Peter and I were going to be alone for the first time. He took me on a carriage ride around Temple Square and it was really fun and nice.

On the way home I couldn't help but snuggle up to him a little in the backseat of the van. I hope it wasn't too forward of me, I mean he is just home from his mission and everything. All and all it was a GREAT date! I didn't even mind missing the big dance.

When they dropped me off, Brother and Sister Parley invited me over for Family Night Monday. It was so nice to know that they like and approve of me. FHE was great of course, I was a little torn because I used to be the Mom in my single's ward FHE but they convinced me that this was more important! I helped Peter's little sister lead the music and then Peter gave the lesson on some of his mission experiences with his mission president.

What a great weekend!!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Told you it would go great girl! Love ya!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe Elder Parley told that story about coming home at 9:45. I was his companion and if your telling of it is correct, that's not how it happened, at least not in my eyes. Look, if you and Peter are happy that's fine, but I hope you don't have to make everyone else look disobedient in the process. I've got enough problems with my ego since I didn't get accepted to BYU and have to go to UVSC.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    Hi Cady,

    No I'm not related to President Monson but I wish that I was! That is so great that you are though. Peter's name is actually Peter Parley, though he gets that a lot because of Parley P. Pratt! I'd say keep an eye out for me in the Bookstore but I just got a new job off-campus so I'm not there anymore except for class and the occasional study trip to the library, though those have trailed off since Peter got home!

    From, Molly

    PS: What is a Freemont?

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, Molly. Did you grow up in a small town? Because that date sounds kinda not-so-fun. Maybe it is my "big city" attitude, but dinner with the folks is not my idea of a good time. But then, the BIG DANCE is not my idea of rockin' fun, either. I hope it works for you, because I would have been bored to tears. You two sound perfect for each other.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    Well, I'm not sure how to respond to these comments because I'm so new at blogging. I thought maybe to put them in a new post but it seems like people respond to comments in the comments.

    To Jerry - I haven't talked to Peter in a couple of days so I haven't been able to ask him about the story. You probably already know since you were his companion, but his email is peter_parley@hotmail.com. He might like to hear from you and maybe he could answer you himself.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't know his e-mail. We didn't part on the best of terms.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    To Lyn,

    I guess I did kind of grow up in a small town. I'm not sure how many people are in the Provo/Orem, Utah area, but it sure FEELS like a small town sometimes. I love it here though, I can't imagine living any other place.

    Maybe it is something about growing up here, because I really enjoyed our date. I have fun with Peter's parents, and I feel like they're my friends, in an older "parent" kind of a way.

    Thanks for thinking Peter and I are good for each other! So do I!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. If Peter's Dad sprung for the roof, you must really be headed for something major. I hope you won't be a distraction to Peter's priesthood responsibilities, though. Make sure he does his home teaching.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home