In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A View from the Sideline of my heart

I thought that this would be a good place to express my feelings on the BYU football season thus far. Peter has been watching with me, mostly because he knows that I'm such a big fan. This week was a pretty big dissappointment, with the big loss to Notre Dame. Peter has been saying all season that most of the problems this season are related to the moral problems that have been going on off the field, but even he was upset about the Notre Dame loss. When I asked him why he was so upset, he replied "truth should prevail". I wasn't sure what that had to do so much with football, but it was very profound and I've been pondering it ever since.

BYU sports has been struggling ever since Rhondo Feldberg was fired as athletic director several years ago. First Coach Edwards and then Coach Cleveland left. There sure seems to be some problems somewhere, but I'm still rooting for the cougs. At least Utah isn't much better. As long as we beat the Ute's, the season has been somewhat of a success.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stupidest thing ever! BYU didn't lose because of immorality, and they shouldn't win becuase they're morally better than Notre Dame. They should win or lose because of how well they play. Football is NOT truth, believe it or not, and people who say otherwise (like BYU should win just because they're Mormon) are stupid! Most of the team is NOT mormon anyway!!!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! I can only speak for myself, but it's good you're back, Molly. You have been missed, that's for sure...Hopefully Peter will post again soon. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home