In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Monday, June 27, 2005

A View from my (Broken) Heart #3 - A Room With a View

As most of you have probably figured out, last week's "A View from my Heart" was an absolute, utter disaster. On the advice of a friendly commenter, I made chicken cordon bleu from the lion house cook book for dinner for Peter and his teenage sister, Martha. Martha is 15, and we have always been such good friends, I was so excited to spend time with her and Peter. Dinner went great, mom and dad ate in the family room and Stephen was out of town. We had some great conversations. Martha is really excited for this years Freedom Festival. Like many young Utah County girls, she has always been a huge fan of the Osmonds Second Generation. And this years festival is also featuring Mandy Moore, who I know has done some questionable things in the past, but I understand she recently did a film about teen Christians, and she's certainally a big improvement over that American "Idol" that they're having over at the University of Utah.

Well, after dinner and desert (Yoda Soda except with Sprite), Martha and I popped some popcorn and settled down with Peter to watch the Movie. Everything started out so great! Lucy Honeychurch and her dear Aunt Charlotte were having the time of their lives visiting all of the amazing art in Italy! Lucy was so lucky to have Aunt Charlotte with her, who was one of my favorite characters despite the fact that she went around with that author woman.

Anyway, while in Italy they meet some people in the hotel they're staying at, most of whom are very lovely people in their lovely Victorian way. A father and son are also there, who are initially a little strange and forward, but appear at first to be kind hearted. The film takes its first downturn on a picnic the new friends take in the Italian countryside. After a priest of some kind breaks up what can only be described as a "grope-fest" taking place between the driver of the carriage and a woman he claims is his sister, the men and women separate to have lunch. When Lucy goes off by herself to find another priest to talk to, she is surprised by the son of the strange family and is kissed by him without permission! Lucy is of course rushed away back home by the sensible Charlotte where she soon meets the love of her life, a man named Cecil Vyse.

Cecil is such a gentleman, his only concern being Lucy's welfare. In fact, when Lucy's own family tries to drag her down, Cecil sticks up for Lucy and always tries to do the proper thing. Unfortunately, without knowing who they are, Cecil invites the crazy man and son to move to Lucy's town! Where they immediately make friends with Lucy's brother and head over to Lucy's house with a priest to go swimming.

Well, they had no swimming suits. I kept wondering where they were going to change, and they NEVER DID! They just took off their clothes and jumped in the water! Stephen says that nobody had swimming suits in those times and everybody just swam with no clothes on, but do they have to put it in the movie!!!!

Peter quickly jumped up to turn off the movie, as Martha and I were still pretty much in shock. Peter said goodnight pretty quickly and said that he needed to get his sister home so that they could talk about what happened. Peter has called a few times, but I'm so embarrassed I don't know if I can talk to him. I mean, can you imagine. Martha is 15 years old!! I just can't believe that this happened...

A View from my Heart is going to be more limited from now on. I've had three bad experiences, and I'm going to just stick with Deseret Book from now on. Stephen has some old seminary movies that I'm going to watch for this week. One of them is called "The Phone Call" and I can't remember the others. Well, I'd better get going. We have FHE and then I need to make an appointment with the Bishop for this week...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Answer the phone, would ya!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Just Me said…

    I think you need to talk to Peter about what happend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home