In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Roxanne Home Evening

Well, last night Peter came over to pick me up for the monthly Parley Family extended Family Home evening. I just love grandmother and grandfather Parley. They're so wise, and have already accepted me as one of their own.

Anyway, after I fixed Peter dinner and we were sitting down to enjoy some Lion House Chicken, Roxanne came over. I excused myself from dinner and went downstairs to return some CDs I had borrowed from her. Stephen was sitting on the couch watching television and Roxanne made herself at home next to him on the couch. I went back upstairs to clear the table and get ready to head over to Grandmother and Grandfather Parley's house. I went back downstairs to tell Roxanne that I was leaving and when I got there she was taking off her shoes and socks!

Well, of course I didn't know what to do. I didn't want Stephen to see the tattoo (he doesn't need any encouragement in that direction) and I didn't want Roxanne to become uncomfortable in our righteous home once it became known that was marked. I didn't know what to do, so I spilled my water on her leg to try and help her get out of a potentially awkward situation. I realize that this might not have been a totally honest thing to do, but I was trying to save my friend embarassment and I thought that it would be better for Roxanne to be comfortable in our home.

Well, turns out that there was no point. You see, Roxanne's tattoo wasn't a tattoo at all! It was drawn on by one of her Beauty School Friends. When she took off her sock to dry it off the tattoo simply wasn't there. It was such a tough moment for me. On the one hand, Roxanne was now washed clean, and the symbolism of baptism was not lost on me. On the other hand, avoiding the appearance of evil is also pretty important.

At any rate, we were going to be late for Family Home Evening, and Stephen and Roxanne were heading out to see New York Doll, which is apparently a documentary about the Church. Maybe Peter and I will go and see it too soon.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Rumel said…

    Glad to see your good example hasn't been totally wasted on Roxanne. I'm surprised you would still consider her a friend though after that stunt. Deception is on of the Devil's greatest tools.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rumel--did you check out her brother Stephen's blog? She's totally messing with Molly just for fun. I have to say, though, Roxanne seems a lot more real than Molly!

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Rumel said…

    Uh yeah, I have read Sam's blog and I realize the tatoo was a joke. In my previous comments I was refering to the fact that Molly had thought her good friend Roxanne had been lost into the depths of hell only to be snatched out again upon the realization that the tatoo was a fake.

    Thanks for the clarification though. Hey you aren't related to John Madden are you?

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Rumel said…

    Props to you Roxanne for an excellent joke.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BYU LOST! How do you like that cougar molly?

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess there is still sin in the ranks of the cougs. What do you think Molly?

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger John R. said…

    You know, there really shouldn't be anything to comment on...this is all a joke, right?

    And New York Doll is NOT a doc about the Church...

    Hugs,

    John

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are lazy. Why don't you post more often?

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    molly! where did you go? i miss your updates. :D

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Erika said…

    Molly I've really missed you and hope things settle down in your life soon so that you can resume posting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home