In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

A chance to finally reflect

Phew, what an eventful 24 hours it has been! I can't believe that took me this long to get a report of Peter and I's date up, but you know how it goes... We got home a little late (11:00 thank you very much) and then this morning my Dad had a big surprise, he's bought Last Miracle for LaVell!! So of course we watched it together with Mom after doing some yardwork together. Even Stephen watched for awhile, and I think that seeing all of those upstanding young men engaged in good works might be a good example for him.

But the biggest news of course is my date with Peter. What a night! I wasn't sure that ANYTHING could top 'The Roof', but this was way so much fun! As Peter said, he wanted to do something that would give us an opportunity to have a good conversation. Peter had warned me that I should "be ready for anything", and it was a good thing I was because the first thing we did was hike the Y! I hadn't done it since before Peter left on his mission, and it was so neat to go up with him again and overlook BYU and Utah Valley!

After getting back down, Peter took me to Legends Grill, a place I've been many times but never to eat! Peter isn't as into BYU sports as I am, but he is still a fan and we had a great talk about what was cooler to see in Legacy Hall, Ty Detmer's 1990 Heisman Trophy or Danny Ainge's 1981 Eastman Trophy and John Wooden Award. I had to go with Brother Detmer, but Peter is more of a basketball fan now (having played so often on his mission) and he was more interested in Brother Ainge's things.

Once we finished dinner (YUM!), we went for a walk around campus. When we got to the Botany Pond, I remarked to Peter how fun it would be to feed all of the ducks. Peter then walked over to some bushes and pulled a bag of stale bread out that he had stashed there previously! Lover's lane indeed!!

We then walked up to one of my favorite places on campus, the BYU Creamery of course!!! I just can't get enough Bishop's Bash, and Peter of course had his all time favorite -- Vanilla! While we were at the Creamery we even ran into an old friend of me and Emily, Joseph Smith Johnson. I hadn't seen Joseph Smith Johnson since Peter got home and I enjoyed saying hello to him and having him meet Peter. Joseph Smith Johnson kind of wanted to talk I think, but it was getting late and Peter and I still had to listen to American Beauty so we headed back to my place and luckily Stephen wasn't home so we used his nice stereo.

After much pondering and conversation, Peter and I decided not to listen to American Beauty any more. Particularly once Peter pointed out that one of the songs was called "Friend of the Devil". It's always better to avoid the appearance of evil anyway, and even though Peter's hair is getting a little shaggy it isn't like we're some kind of godless hippies or something. Better safe than damned, that's what Nan always says anyway.

In the end it was an AMAZING time! I can't wait to see Peter again!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, folks. Want to see where "Molly" stole her profile photograph from?

    You can find it here:

    http://www.margoedgeworth.com/photographs.htm

    So, stick that in your unfunny pipe and smoke it.

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Egad! The Molly Monson I know would never smoke a pipe!

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think that Molly ever really said if the photo was of her or not. One day the photo just showed up. Who knows? Maybe Molly is a big fan of Margo Edgeworth.

    Could it be Johnny Lingo, that due to your inability to come up with original and creative ideas (your screen name being the first evidence of that fact) that you are slightly spiteful and angry towards this fine daughter of zion and her willingness to share her life with everyone?

    In addition, I can gurantee that Molly doesn't even own a pipe (funny or unfunny) and smoking is against the word of wisdom. You should know that Lingo.

    Finally, what kind of economic system is based on livestock? It just seems like you are setting yourself up for a lot of inflation and economic crisis when you deal with self-reproducing forms of currency.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talk? Yes. I wanted to talk the other night. I've been wanting to talk for the past several weeks. After reading your blog I guess I understand why that hasn't been possible. It pretty much explains why you've been dodging me the past month.

    If this was your way of telling me it was over I guess that's one way to do it. It's pretty typical out here from what I've experienced, but I expected more from you.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will give you $20 if either one of you can make a case that you said "You're so special" at any point in your date.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home