In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Peter Parley - Patriot

You'll never guess what Peter did. I'm so excited and proud of him!! We were watching FOX News last night, and all of the stories were about problems with terrorism. Peter suddenly stood up and said that he had had enough and that he was going to do something about it. I was a little concerned at first, what was he going to do? He immediately picked up the phone and enlisted to fight in the war against terror!! Can you believe it?!? My Peter, is going to be making our nation, our great state of Utah, me, and our future children safe! That's right, Peter has joined the Minuiteman Civil Defense Corps.

They didn't even charge him because he already has his own pistol with conceal and carry permit! On some weekends, Peter is going to be heading down to the Arizona border to help the government keep the border secure by keeping out the terrorists. He hopes that it will not come to violence, but it it does, he is prepared to defend our country.

I'm already planning the meals that I'm going to pack for him when he is on the road. I can't wait to dust off Nan's Red, White, and Blue Ham Sandwhich recipe, or some of her Patriot Pot Pie! This is all just so exciting, I can't wait for his first patrol!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah Pete! Way to go. Just remember what Nephi said "It is better for one man or a few to perish than for a whole nation to dwindle in beans and grease"

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Molly said…

    I'm not exactly sure what this comment means. I mean, beans of course are really good for you and should be part of the diet of a good Latter-day Saint. As you can see over at ProvidentLiving.org,

    (http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,2006-1-1116-1,00.html)

    the average adult should have 60 pound of beans stored for the year. I think it's pretty clear from this that eating beans are a part of the Word of Wisdom.

    As for grease, I know that this is a debateable issue. It's not really good for you, but at the same time, there are some dishes that are just not as good without it. I know that there isn't anything quite like Nan frying up a big batch of bacon and then cooking the eggs in the grease. It's kind of a guilty pleasure, I know, but sometimes, you just want to be comforted.

    Anyway, Peter did not join the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps over culinary issues. He joined it to keep America safe from those who would confront our great nation with acts of terrorism. This has nothing to do with beans or grease.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peter has taken the step! Way to go. You know those terrorists have been flooding through our borders for years. The proof is in the flan pudding. Besides, we all want our jobs back picking cabbage and laying sod. I've been out of work for years and unemployment benifits are about to run out! USA all the way. Put up a section of the fence in my name, Peter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home