In my Heart

In my church we're counciled to keep a record of our lives for our future posterity. This is my record for now, of the things of my heart.

Friday, May 12, 2006

A view from my heart #5 -- The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

Well, I'm a little torn about what to say about this movie. Peter and I usually don't put much stock in all of those fantasy movies out there. We understand Harry Potter has a lot of witchcraft in it, and those Lord of the Rings Movies are full of demons ect. Someone Peter trusted told us that this movie was about the Savior, and we were so excited! A big hollywood movie about important things! We were really excited to support it and see it.

We started the movie, and it was a nice enough story, but we kept waiting for the parts about the Lord to turn up. When the little girl went through the closet and met the goat-man, I started getting nervous. I mean, that is what the devil looks like a lot of the time. Was that thing supposed to be the devil, and were the forces of good going to triumph over him?? Eventually, the devil went missing and some talking beavers showed up. Weren't these people familiar with the plan of salvation? Animals can't talk!! By this time, Peter and I were asking just what was going on here.

Eventually, there was a lot of talk of this Aslan person. Peter and I figured that he might end up being the Lord, because the animals kept talking about how he was going to save everyone. Well, it turns out that Asalan was a Lion!! At this point, we decided to just turn the movie off and take it back to CleanFlix and try to get a reservation for the Work and the Glory 2.

In a way, this is a positive review, since Peter and I didn't turn the movie off until it was almost 1/2 way through. For a movie of the World, this really isn't too bad.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Molly, I think you might like Bride and Prejudice, it is a Bollywood production and it is made after to a good book from the 1800s. The book is applied to another culture, so you would be learning about other people and it is also about marriage, since you are engaged and all.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Derrick Clements said…

    Molly, I just want to say, I am really glad you've started posting again. I truly think this blog is some of the best satirical writing I've ever seen. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home